Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to cope with a break up?

After 2.5 years together my girlfriend told me last night that she is in love with someone else. I am devastated. It hurts to lose my partner in crime. Yesterday my best friend moved to Ireland. I feel lost like I have nobody. I live in Germany and don't have many other friends here, except her friends. Her family was like my family... we went on holidays together. I feel so, so hurt and don't know what to do with myself. I can't sleep, can't eat, have no interest in any of my normal usual hobbies. I How do people go through this? My only other breakup was so hurtful that I swore never to love again. I know that is drastic but I guess I just have a hard time with emotions. They are too much for me and are able to take over me and affect my life. I called her last night a few times after she left and we talked a bit. Then we talked again this morning. She feels really bad about hurting me and keeps saying sorry and says I can call if I need to talk. She doesn't want to completely lose me from her life and wants to eventually be friends. I don't really want to give her a promise of eventual friendship because then it's like she gets everything she wanted. I want her to feel this loss too. She was knitting me a scarf for Christmas but still hasn't finished it... she asked last night if she can still give it to me and I said no and then she cried and promised to send it to me next winter. She cried a lot as we broke up. We had some other problems in our relationship before this too but things had gotten better. Just a couple of days ago everything was perfect. I never thought she would end things like this. I felt so safe with her and never felt the need to be jealous. Part of me wants her back but I think it's just because I don't want to lose what we had.





How can I cope? How can I keep from calling her? How do I keep from feeling rejected?How to cope with a break up?
If there are no children involved, Praise God and run.





Go to work. Put in extra hours. Think about the hundreds of thousands of dollars you will save for your eventual childrens future by not paying 70% of your paycheck in child support and or alimony. Stop calling her.





God Bless





Frank PytelHow to cope with a break up?
you need a DISTRACTION!


try to be around people and things that don't remind you of her. Its the beginning of a new year so nows the best time to take up a new hobby, join a club or a team as LOADS of people are doing it and most of them will be doing it alone.





Do that thing you've always wanted to try, like take you're guitar playing skills to a new level by joining a band or by blowing the dust off your old basketball and joining a local team. You'll make new friends (maybe even another girl) and be around people who will allow you to escape from any painful memories.





On the flipside this will also show your ex that you have a life outside of hers, another side to you that she'll regret to have missed.
What crime?





You must stop calling her and stop contacting her. After a month or two she will think you have left her forever. Then find another woman and go on simple dates with her. Then make sure your ex-gf finds out. Tell her you met someone who is totally amazing. Then stop talking to her. If she likes you at all, she will come to see you, and maybe want you back, because you will appear to be unavailable. Presently, she can talk to you any time and she controls you. You must take away that control, and give her the idea that you are no longer available. Then, maybe she will come back, or at least feel the loss. If she likes the other guy more than you, there is nothing that you can do. Just suffer and try to not think about her. After a year goes by, you will not feel so bad.
you are surely hurt by g/f.


i agree with you it is not easy, but you knows she dumped you for another boy.


now you should look for an other one girl and tell you you will forget old one.


keeping old memory with you will hurt you for future.


now life goes on and forget your old memory.


start fresh with your life, as you know life is go on forward not backward.


hurry and forget and look for the future, it is not end of world.


good luck.


amssyd
lots and lots of meaningless sex, help me


sure shallow


but good for the ego
Dear...i was in a same situation but as the girl who left her best friend turned boyfriend....He thought everything was perfect but it wasnt, he called me continuously , i everytime answered and cried for hurting him but that made things worse because he felt that i want to come back that's why....i even felt guilty and thought of going back but things werent going to work as i wasnt happy ..don't know why...we had problems before but he moved on like you but i moved far as more n more problems came...It's difficult for you but also for you girlfriend becoz it was very diffcult for me...everytime i looked at his sad face i felt guilty and cried but later on i started sympathesizing becoz his condition became worse..n that's one should avoid ..don't make her sympathesize with you..it will only make her more and more far....she cares for you, otherwise she wouldnt continue making a scarf for you....and no one rejected you..becoz otherwise she wouldnt pick up your phone..try to face the reality..Love is not just getting the other person..it'z making other person happy...Try to be involved in other things like work, hobbies....community sites....and be casual infront of her...You never lost anything..memories move on with us..i broke up with a friend who was with me for 5 yrs...v don't talk like before but he's still my friend evn though he hates me...i 'll remember him alwayz for the good times v shared....and that's important..more important than anything else..MOVE ON%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment