Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with this breakup?

Hi there, I hope someone can help me, I met a fantastic guy about a year ago and we have been hopelessy in love ever since. Im 40 years old and have never in my life felt so loved, respected and happy. The guy involved is Italian and has two children that moved to Italy with his ex some 6 months ago. He has been visiting every month or so, but not as often as he liked due to work / money problems. We had an argument a few weeks ago and booked a one way flight back to Italy telling me that I was the only thing that had kept him here. We made up before he left and he told me that he would be back as soon as he could sort out his finances (a month or so) He rang me every day for the first week or so and he was seriosuly unhappy as the ex had not been coping to good with his boys, and he was worried about leaving them again, on Monday he rang me and basically told me that although I am the love of his life he cannot come back as the kids need him too much, I am devastedHow do I deal with this breakup?
I wouldn't follow Kc idea to become a stalker. How do you feel about moving over there? He sounds honest enough, I doubt he could bring the children out of the country if the mother still lives there, and so I don't think he is just feeding you a line, so you have to decide what is more important, him, or the rest of your life? Family, friends etc... Then if you think you could make the move, contact him and suggest it.





If not, or if he doesn't come across as overjoyed by the suggestion, then I'm sorry, but you just have the long hard road to getting over it to walk down, and there is no real advice, other than you're not the only person making that walk, but we all get by in the end.How do I deal with this breakup?
Could you take a few days holiday from work? Then you should go and have a look at what is happening. I wouldn't say that I was coming, just book your hotel room, and make sure you have his address and all that and go and see for yourself.


You can either wait, let go, or get all the facts before you make a decision. Who knows, you might want to live in Italy! Good luck!xxx
Offer to move to Italy to be with him and see what his response is. Even if you couldn't possibly go it'll give you an insight as to how he really feels. Based on what you've typed I think there's something fishy going on, are you sure his ex is really his ex and there isn't still something more between them? Even if the truth isn't what you'd hoped for then at least you can get on with your life knowing it's really over.
sorry to hear this but as you know life goes on and you must get over this so be strong for your own sake and forget himas he has gone back to his wife
Whether he is lying or not doesn't really matter. He has decided he doesn't want to be with you and you need to accept that and get on with your life.


Don't be bitter, but take the attitude, 'a well it was good while it lasted.'


That way you can put it down to experience and get on with your life.
I know this is hard for you (if you really are the love of his life) but his children do need him. He (if he is being honest) sounds very responsible.


I would try to talk him into returning with his children. If he really loves you, he will try to find a way to do that instead of making excuses as to why he can't.


If he suggests ways: he's telling the truth.


If he says he can't leave and gives you a list of reasons: he's lying to you.
  • stars myspace
  • trojan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment