Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I get over a tough breakup? I am having a hard time coping?

I broke up with my boyfriend for many reasons this weekend. We had been together for 2 years and lately I've been realizing we are not right for each other. He is 14 years older and just now getting his bachelor's degree, while I am already in graduate school (and I'm not even 21 yet). He constantly borrowed money from me, does not have a working car at the moment, and left our house a cluttered mess most of the time. He WAS good to me though, and we had so many good times, but I just felt like I couldn't spend the rest of my life with him, and I felt bad leading him on if I wasn't into it anymore.





The sad thing is I am really not over him and still feel in love with him, more so now that I'm losing him completely. What should I do? I am heartbroken but at the same time I know this was the right thing for me. How do you get over something like this?





The hardest part is how he reacted, he cried and was very hurt, I hate to see him hurt :(How do I get over a tough breakup? I am having a hard time coping?
You've made the right decision, so stick to it. From your description of him, things would have gotten far worse, long-term. He sounds very immature and dependent for someone in his mid-thirties. Don't let his attempts to make you feel guilty sway you from what your heasd and heart know is the right course for you.How do I get over a tough breakup? I am having a hard time coping?
It takes time unfortunately,took me 2 years to properly be over my ex and start feeling comfortable with someone else. Maybe some time apart is all u need and this might be the time for him to realise he cant just borrow money from u all the time and expect u to clean up after him, if other than this he is gud to u and treats u rite i would start from fresh aslong as its what u want. He wont stay hurt forever
Dear *~*~*,


You seem to not want to feel guilty about a choice you've made. What did it matter that he is significantly older than you, but just NOW getting his degree? Alot of 30-somethings are just now getting their bearings in life; degrees, good jobs, etc. Maybe he's one of those ';late-bloomers'; and apparently, he's comming along just fine. That being said, you've made a choice %26amp; no matter how badly it hurts, you are being stead-fast when you say it was the right choice. You will not get over a 2-year relationship in one weekend!!! Recovery from such a long-term relationship can take months, even years, You have many holes in your life that were once occupied by his company %26amp; now you need to start your healing process by learning to fill those holes with other things, hobbies %26amp; people. With all relationships that end, someone has to be the ';jerk'; who ends it. You've just become that person, albeit unwillingly %26amp; although it hurts %26amp; you know you hurt him, you have to be confidant in the fact that you made the right decision %26amp; get on with living your life %26amp; moving forward. Best of luck to you in all things.
Keep yourself busy... hang out with friends... give yourself goals, and things to look forward to... In time you'll be okay, and if it's right, then he will work to gain you back. Get a better job, car, and improve his life.





20 is young... and you shouldn't let yourself be tied down in that kind of commitment... you'll look back and wonder what you've missed.





Though, it must be said that materialistic things shouldn't matter... that love is hard to find... maybe try dating a girl.
  • Dogs
  • girl myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment