Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Was I wrong to breakup with my girlfriend?

It's been almost a year since I broke up with my ex and I still think about her alot and I'm wondering if I was right to breakup with her. We went out for 5 yrs.The problem started when she decided to go into acting. She justed changed her course from business to acting because she had always wanted to act. I tried to cope with it for a while but found out I couldn't. she started becoming very busy with reheasals,productions etc and I saw her less and less. I knew I was loosing her but because I wanted her to be happy, I tried not to complain much but with time, I couldn't take it anymore and told her how I truely felt. She tried to do something about it but in the end it went back to square 1. We finally broke up early this year but I can't really stop thinking about her and I keep wondering if I should have stayed in that relationship just to be with her even though I would not have been happy cos I really do love her. My question is, ';Was I wrong in breaking up with her?Was I wrong to breakup with my girlfriend?
Supporting your loved ones Dream sometimes has to be sacfricial.


You supported her, but you didnt stand beside her through it all. Yes it was a dumb reason to break up! She is still in college, your going to be busy, You cant always have her time! If you loved her and seeing her only once a week should have been good enough for you.


If you love someone, you dont just give up.Was I wrong to breakup with my girlfriend?
well i think everyone deserves to be happy no matter the cost, but if i were you i would pick the phone up and talk to her see how shes doing and maybe go out as friends and talk and then maybe you both can talk about what happened, its better to have her as a friend in your life then nothing at all. and besides what do you have to loose by calling. i say take the chance and call and you both go out as friends and hang out. good luck and hope it works for you.
apologise to her and asked her if you still have a chance
You are never wrong for breaking up with someone if you don't think it is right. In a relationship you need to pay attention to your mate and take time for him/her. It clearly sounds like she wasn't doing that. I think that you were a very strong person to walk away from that at the time. You knew what you wanted in a relationship and you weren't going to let someone walk all over you. Now the twist to this is that when you broke up with her she might have been extremely upset and so much so that she would be willing to change her ways if she had another chance. I think that if you are feeling that strongly about her then there is nothing wrong with picking up the phone to talk to her. Most of us dream of having someone who broke up with us come back. We would change and do just about anything for a second chance. You sound like a great person. Good luck!
Thats tough man.. In reality she had a decision to make and she chose her career over you.. I think you are sweet and I am sure there is a better girl out there for ya.. one who values love over money.
If she really loves you and if she gives importnace on your relationship she should find time,no matter how busy she is,you break it up already,you cannot fixed the stain anymore no matter what you do.
it wasnt wrong to break up with her..but your reason for breaking up with her is stupid and down right wrong...you should have accepted and supported your gf's decisions and you should have been there for her..you accept a rose with all its thorns...if you really love her and you think she's the ';one'; for you...go back to her...and love her with all your heart...
sorry dude but you lost her and you were very wrong for breaking up with her! would you want someone to dump you just for doing what you love?That just not fair at all!


you lost a perfectly good woman! Who knows maybe she feels the same way!


You have to find out!!


Don't screw it up this time!!
You are always going to think of her, you went out for 5 yrs. I think you need to move on, she already has
In the line of work ? she's going into you wouldn't be accommodating to start with. She's going a completely different direction than you.


A career in acting is closing the door on you, maybe she thought you'd get the picture but, it seems like you didn't.





I would just put her behind me and start over.
That's a tough situation, but it takes two to tango. Maybe you didn't like her new committments to acting, but did she take your feelings into consideration? Did she try to include you more? All I'm saying is, if she wanted to stay with you as much as you seem to want to stay with her, something should have been worked out between the two of you. Schedule conflicts can be overcome if a true comittment is there.





Here's a thought... Get back in touch with her and find out if she misses you as much as you miss her. That will tell you if you did the right thing. If she wants to start seeing you again, there's still something there to build on maybe. If not.... well, it sucks, but the old saying about it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all seems appropriate here. Although, I always hated that saying!! Good luck and hang in there!
I don't do relationships so I can't help you I'm afraid. Good luck.
If you were not happy no, but remember that love is full of compromise. Sometimes in life we do things we do not like but we do them out of love. If you really love her you would have been able to be patient and wait. Good things do happen to those who wait. On the other hand if she had succeeded in an acting career and we all know how busy she will be, gone on shoots for weeks sometimes months how would you have coped with that. Basically it would have been a long distance relationship. We all deserve to be happy so I really don't think you did the wrong thing you want someone in your life to be around and not gone all the time or too busy. So relax you did what is best for you at the time. Best of luck.
No you weren't wrong. Sometimes you have to let go of the things you really love. If it was meant to be you will find each other again. I know it's hard but try and get out and move on. You deserve to find someone that can put 100% into your relationship. Good Luck!
If u went back now u would be playing second fiddle to her acting. Find somebody that will see your value and spend time with you above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment