Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rape and how it makes my loving boyfriend feel...HELLLPPP?

I was recently raped...it sucked...but my boyfriend has been acting very strange, how does he feel?


recently, it was only about a week ago, i was raped by an old family friend that i had gone to high school with. i was at home visiting my mom and decided to go visit this friend. when i got to his house everything was normal. we had dated briefly back in high school and he is about a year younger than i am. when we dated back in high school we had been great friends before and after we dated. we had never had sex together at all...ever. well when we were hanging out he was coming onto me and i kept on telling him no stop and that i didnt want to do it. he got really out of hand and raped me. its hard to talk about and definitely is hard to think about. my questions are about my current boyfriend. we have only been together for about a half a year but it has been the most happy relationship i have ever been in. i truly love him and i know that he loves me very much. he was at home in pennsylvania (about 500 miles away) when this happened. as soon as i got a chance he was the first person i told. the cops have dealt with it and all that stuff is being dealt with by proffesionals. but when i first told him he freaked out and didnt talk to me for like two hours. once he talked to me again he sounded very angry which obviously makes since. he was very short with me. made sure i called the cops and everything. but after talking for a minute he stopped talking like he didnt know what to say or do. he said these exact words ';im sorry but i dont know if i can deal with this, i dont think i can help you anymore.'; it was vague but i asked him if he was breaking up with me over this situation that neither of us could control. he replied ';i dont know. i dont know what to do. how can i help theres nothing i can do. i just dont know, i need time to think.'; we didnt really talk for the next day. we both came back home (we live in the same apartment complex just different rooms). at first when he came back we didnt hang out or anything immediately. but that night we got together and talked. at first he didnt say a word for a long time but after a little while i started talking to him. the first thing that came to my mind to say was that i love him very much and im so sorry that this happened. he immediately held me and said he knows i love him and that its not my fault so theres no need for me to say sorry and that he was sorry he didnt know what to do. we talked for the next little while and he was very caring, holding me, not acting anything out of the ordinary then. i asked him how he felt and he said he wasnt sure what to feel. i asked him if he thought we would get through this and if he was serious about breaking up and if he still loved me. he told me that only time would tell if we would get throught this ok but he would try his hardest to do what he can, that he didnt really want to break up he was just panicking, and that of course he still loves me. from a guys perspective can some people tell me what to possibly expect and especially tell me what i can do to prevent any possible breakup and help my boyfriend cope with the fact that his girlfriend got raped and help him not feel so uselessRape and how it makes my loving boyfriend feel...HELLLPPP?
Honestly, give him time. It's really rough when someone you love goes through something like this. He probably feels like he failed to protect you and might be blaming himself. It's probably overwhelming to him, so give him some space and time. I would go to someone else (a therapist) to talk about what happened, because you'll just keep overwhelming him. When I told my dad I had been raped, he was incredibly dismissive about it, but later apologized once he deal with it. I know you're (both) going though a rough time, but I promise there is a light at the end of this particular tunnel. Best of luck!Rape and how it makes my loving boyfriend feel...HELLLPPP?
I'm very sorry about your situation. I'm going to be straight up with you though: Your boyfriend's a jerk. You were the one that got raped so why is he acting all dramatic and victimized? I'm really sorry about all of this. =[ Good luck, babe! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment