Friday, August 20, 2010

Hurting after a breakup...what can I do?

I was in love with this guy and now he is gone. He is moving on with his life. I think he cares about me but it's not love for him (sigh). How do i cope with this? I have been trying to keep really busy but it is not helping. I hurt a lot. What can I do?





oh..i guess I should say that he is moving away indefinitely soon and doesn't want long distance (but he is also not clear about wanting me in his life either). so now he has slowly disappeared even though he is still in town. I hate this...it's like he suddenly died... :-(Hurting after a breakup...what can I do?
Oh gosh, girl, I can't tell you how much I relate!


The absolute love of my life literally went mad from abusing a certain type of drug and he got into this scary mania and accused me of weird things and cursed at me, told me to never contact him again. That was a month ago and I haven't heard from him since. And we talked and saw each other every single day for the past two years. I felt like I didn't even have a heart anymore because it was so broken. I had to move across the country to live with my dad and hope to move forward. I know what you mean like how you feel like he suddenly died.





The thing that I said to myself was: okay, I can't stop loving him and I can't get over him, so I'll just at least become FUNCTIONAL. So that is a good thing for you to do-- just become functional again in life. What helped me the most was watching comedy and things that made me laugh. Seriously. I watched comedy pretty much most of the day for several weeks. It helped SO much.


Next, just further yourself. Go to the gym and know that it's making yourself better, study harder for classes in school/college (if that applies) (or-- even enroll in college!), work harder at your job, go out with friends, go to the movies, shop, go treat yourself to something that you've been wanting for a while. Just do things for yourself. Because it is only you who can help yourself, you know?





This will not get rid of the heartbreak, but while you are doing all these things, time will pass and your pain will decrease and you will at least be able to go through the day without crying. I can't tell you how much I feel for you girl. It is the most painful thing in the world. But I'm getting through it and you can too. It's do-able!





If you need to talk, feel free to email me. Take care and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment