Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why does my mum act like this to me... and how can I cope?

Well following my other question I had the urge to ask this question to get more answers. My father and my mother split up when I was very young...13 years later I've been living with my mum and at weekends I live with my dad...but it's my mum that I have a problem with.





Today I asked my mum if she really celebrated Christmas...I asked ';You don't really celebrate Christmas do you?'; mainly because she worked for the past 5 Christmases including this one. Then she got really angry and started saying some really out of line comments about me not being grateful or me not showing enough appreciation and she even said that she is offended when I asked that.





Now she apparantly does not want to talk to me for saying that but every single time I ask her something she has to say ';I don't know'; or something that doesn't really answer the question. She gets offended really easily over the smallest of things and over reacts nearly all of the time.





She always blames me for stuff...it's never really her fault. Also she always tells me to do stuff when I am already doing it...for example I'm cleaning my room and I go downstairs to take out the trash and she shouts stuff like ';clean your room!';. Another thing she does is that she never admits to being wrong. Whenever I say something that's correcting her she's like ';oh shut up';, and when I correct her she acts all quiet as if nothing happened.





Why does she do this!?? It's nothing to do with the breakup of my parents because they agreed to split up anyway...how can I cope...it's really annoying me. I know she loves me but she does all these things to me and she likes to act all funny to me and I'm starting not to like it.





Advice please...thanks.Why does my mum act like this to me... and how can I cope?
Your Mother seems to be unhappy. You may not be the problem, but she takes things out on you because your there. If your Father has another woman this may be a problem for her. She may feel unloved, unappreciated, and unworthy. You may need to try to be more understanding even though you may not be at fault and instead of getting offended or upset show her some of the love she may be lacking. Working as she does to provide probably isn't what she like to do but is all she can do. Getting older without love in her life can also be bugging her. Now if you decide to try showing love she may initially reject it especially since its not something she's use to, but don't give up. Don't be pushy though. Tell her that although you two may have gone through whatever and you might not tell her or seem to show her, but you do love her and would like to try to get along better with her. Try to open up lines of communication with her so you two can discuss and possibly go over what may be a trouble in your lives. This might not be easy for you I don't know how old you are, but if you start you could possibly mend whatever might be your problems. Good Luck %26amp; Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment