Friday, August 20, 2010

Has anyone been through a breakup that only happened because of distance, not lack of feelings?

How did you cope with it? College is going to separate my boyfriend and I in a few weeks (over 1500 miles away) and I'm wondering what's going to happen. I don't think we're going to do the LDR thing, but at the same time, you can't just turn feelings off, can you?





And please don't suggest getting drunk or immediately dating other people. That's just not me.Has anyone been through a breakup that only happened because of distance, not lack of feelings?
Sometimes distance leads to lack of feelings for your partner and it is difficult, however thousands of couples have successful long distance relationships. If you're not planning on staying with this guy forever, then you should break up and enjoy college. It is a chance to meet new people and if you are attached to someone else who you know you don't want to spend the rest of your life with, then you will pass up the opportunity to meet someone new.Has anyone been through a breakup that only happened because of distance, not lack of feelings?
That sucks! If it happens, try to go out and have some fun with some friends. Go out to dance or something, as long as you distract yourself. Hey, I wish you my very best. I hope you guys can do something to keep your relationship rolling.
Yes and no, It happened to me and I got a ';dear John letter';. It didn't take long really but I was devistated. I was going into my senior year of highschool after a summer of love with this wonderful girl. Her family liked me and she was loving to me right up to the end. When school started she moved away. Not far a couple of hundred miles. Not long after the letter came. Ya know it hurt so bad I tried to end my life. You get pretty selfish when you're deeply in love and hurt. Funny thing though, not even a month later I was in school and I met someone else even more wonderful. How stupid I was to let my emotions go beserk like that. It taught me a good lesson about life. If that girl really cared for me she would have waited and the distance would not have mattered at all. What happened to her was probably the same thing that happened to me. If it's love it will last if not, Au revoir!
I don't know, but I'd be curious as to how you two deal with it.





Some can, some can't. Just like marriage. Or dating. Or anything.
Yes,i've been through that before,that happened 4 years ago because both of us had to move overseas for goods,he moved to singapore and i moved here in new zealand.We basically broke up because of distance,well we didn't break up straight away,we were still in love so we kinda still keep going with our relationship for the first several months after we both moved overseas.But the fact that we're so far away and plus we both had started a new life that it's impossible for us to continue our relationship.Since i moved here gradually we hardly keep in touch coz we both were just too busy and couldn't be bother making any contact and we never discussed or even mentioned about our relationship,it just faded away...I've moved on,so had he.Well what can i say? life,anything can happen.But if both of you were made for each other,someday maybe both of u will bumped into each other,we will never know..
i experienced that,and i separated,i moved my homeland to the other side of the world.u cant continue a relationship through phone calls and seeing each other 2 or 3 times a year! wen it was over i ddnt date for lets just say a while


it's up 2 u


but i think seperating is just better


think about it and good luck!
its rough - only time can heal u and sometimes that takes a long long time. keep inn touch with him and maybe things will work out. nothing is impossible. if u 2 want 2 be together bad enough i'm sure u'll work something out.
at first it will hurt, there is no way around that. because you broke up because of distance and not feelings, you might even feel MORE for your partner for a while... you will definately miss those little things that usually remind you of the other person. but time does heal all wounds, and eventually time will lessen your feelings where you can see other people.





just a warning though... the more you stay in touch with him, the longer it's going to take you to get over him and move on.





you cannot just ';turn off your feelings'; because unlike machines, we just didn't come with those features from the factory (otherwise i'd want to sup myself up with a better memory [what did i do yesterday again?], a jazzed up video display[yeah, i need glasses and i wished i didn't], and a better metabolism [who DOESN'T want to eat like a slob and look like they work out all the time?! :P]... heck i'd get the fog lights and the sun roof and... oops, now i'm getting into cars... sorry])





just make sure you break up on good terms, and try to lessen your contact with him until you know you can handle it (i.e. see him as a person/friend (if you still want that), and not as someone you REALLY care about).





hope this helped.
ALL YOU CAN DO IS WAIT AND SEE WHERE IT GOES. THE ODDS OF MEETING SOMEONE AT SCHOOL ARE VERY HIGH BUT IF YOUR FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER ARE THAT STRONG THEN THE RELATIONSHIP WILL SURVIVE.
if at the moment you say u cant do the LDR then you are just turning your feelings off.... if you are both truly in love then distance is only the problem not the love you have 4 each other.. if you do decide on a LDR then my advice is ensure there is trust speak to each other at least every night and never have a fight over the phne if you do resolve it right away and always talk about how you feel.


i talk from experience i am in a LDR and we are 6000 miles apart and unfortunatly im learning the hard way but if you truly want it to work then donot break up just becos of the distance.... only if you fall outta love with each other

No comments:

Post a Comment