Friday, August 20, 2010

Do you have any advice for a breakup that is not final for sure?

My boyfriend and I have decided to break up. I struggle with depression and have not been working which makes him feel responsible for me. While he is happy to do it he and I agree it is enabling. When we broke up before I slept with someone who I don't love to try to get over him. It hurt him so much even though we were not together. We want to take time apart so he can get over being hurt and so I can learn to be the healthiest, independant, centered me possible. He says that I am the love of his life and I feel that way about him. Neither of us had been in love before (I am 28, he is 32). However he says he can't see me while we are apart because it hurts him too much. I am clear that I will be focusing on getting my degree, and certainly not sleeping with anyone (it never makes me feel better and only hurts everyone involved). How do I cope with not seeing him? Is it foolish to hang on to the hope of being with him again? I really appreciate any insight, suggestions, or feedback!Do you have any advice for a breakup that is not final for sure?
i know it could be pretty tough. seems like you guys have been through some rough ness. but thats all part of love.. u have to go through some bumps in the road to get to the happy road... id say this ';break up'; would be good for you guys. he can get his head clear and so can you. you need to focus on school and getting your degree. most definetly do not sleep with anyone. pretty sure you wont. im pretty sure if the love is true you guys will come back to a much better relationship then ever!!!! give him some space to think and get that degree.. cheer up think bout the positives. he loves you......good luck!!Do you have any advice for a breakup that is not final for sure?
'; Never say goodbye when you still want to try !'; ....
Don't break up. It sounds like the two of you will me miserable apart. Make an appointment to see someone for your depression. There are many new ways to treat depression, you may find just the thing you need to help this. Stay together for each other, but get that depression under control. You'll see the future will look brighter and better for the both of you, both of you TOGETHER. I wish you the best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment