Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I help a friend deal with a breakup from her boyfriend?

I have a lady friend who just broke up with her boyfriend and it looks to me like she is having a hard time dealing with it. I would like to help her get over the grief and let her know that I am there for her anytime she needs say a shoulder to cry on or to talk to. I don't know what to say to her.


I want her to feel comfortable talking to me and I want to feel the same way around her because I think I like her more than a friend.





I want to help her cope with it as much as I can. I want to try to get her to be friends with me. I have a list of songs i would like to put on a mix CD, maybe send her poems in a card along with my cell phone number and e-mail address to contact me anytime, or a yellow rose to let her know that I am thinking of her as a friend and at some point to get her to be my girlfriend. I don't want to push the issue right now.





Here's the list of songs that I have for a mix CD, I would like to know if these are good songs.


Joe Cocker's version of The Beatles song With a Little Help from My Friends.


You've Got a Friend by James Taylor


Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon %26amp; Garfunkel


You're my Best Friend and Friends Will Be Friends by Queen


Come Together by The Beatles or Aerosmith's cover


Lean On Me by Bill Withers


Stand By Me by Ben E. King


and Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses





Some of the songs that I have listed I already have on CD and some of them I have to buy from iTunes which is no big deal.How do I help a friend deal with a breakup from her boyfriend?
Um here's a girl's opinion. If a guy who isn't my friend gives my a random cd of friendship songs I would think he is a creep. That is not the way to approach a girl. Especially not with a rose. If she is really that hurt from the breakup, then she only wants that one guy. She isn't thinking of a rebound at this point. U need to start by being friends with her and wait till u think she is over it to tell her u like her. And to start being friends, u don't give someone a cd. u start a conversation and go on from there with hanging out and stuff.How do I help a friend deal with a breakup from her boyfriend?
Give her some time to think and when you think shes ready ask her.
Aww you are too cute!, just be patient with her as she may not be ready to start dating. If you really mean it that you want to be her friend then go into this knowing that, just don't get mad at her if she does not reciprocate the feelings you are having towards her.





She is going to need time to heal from this old relationship and it is almost never good to be the rebound guy, you can be her friend but if you are going into this with an ulterior motive you might be the one that ends up crying, just proceed with caution.





Good luck!
Ok, look she just broke up with her boyfriend so give her time to get over him. If you become that friend that help her through this you will not become her boyfriend later. You also need to back off because that could be annoying when someone is trying too hard. So be their but not all the time. Also you don't want to become the rebound guy those relationship never work. Oh and the cd dude that is corny, I wouldn't do it. When a woman heart is hurting she don't want to hear any sappy songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment