Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I cope with losing my girlfriend of 1 and a half years?

I was just dumped my my (first) girlfriend after a year and a half relationship. It turns out that she has feelings for someone else, and actually kissed this girl a few days before breaking up with me. I don't know how to handle the breakup because this girl has become my best friend. She is obviously having a much easier time coping, and that kills me. I hate that I miss her/still want to be with her even after learning about the cheating. I know that I need to start moving on and healing, but I don't know how. I've never felt like this before. Very soon after I came out of the closet, she and I started dating. She is also one of my good friend's sisters. Any advice on what I should do? Also, I'm 22 years old....how do I go about meeting single lesbians?How do I cope with losing my girlfriend of 1 and a half years?
First of all, wait before jumping into another relationship. You need to give your broken heart time to heal itself, instead of looking to someone else to close it for you. If you talk with a close friend or family member, it may help


Also, when you start looking for another partner, try searching online, as there may not be many people like you near you.(I had difficulty finding a partner, too.)


Above all, don't give up on yourself. Everthing will work out.How do I cope with losing my girlfriend of 1 and a half years?
I am so sorry D=


I'm 16 and I'm in a relationship with my first girlfriend as well.


I can not offer advice for this and I'm so sorry %26lt;/3


I don't think there can be anything said or done to make this feel right. It will eventually hurt less, but I'm sure not go away.


My best of luck to you, for feeling the pain I have *yet* to feel..


%26lt;3
By getting another one?
Move on. There are too many fish in the sea. You deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment